[Beowulf] Looking for external RAID vendors

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Thu Sep 28 07:54:59 PDT 2006

VERY INTERESTING!!!

We had a similar episode with an IBM Shark (I believe) machine. It said
that two drives failed simultaneously,. The first time required a
complete rebuild. The second (in 3 months) got IBM's attention. The
problem was with the controller. We wound up needing to replace the
controller and then discovered that neither drive was actually bad.

Ooops.