[Beowulf] Tyan S2882

Seth Bardash seth at integratedsolutions.org
Tue Sep 26 10:25:48 PDT 2006

We have built many systems based on the Tyan S2882 and S2882-D.

The most common causes of kernel panics are either old drivers or bad
memory.

Replace the memory DIMMs one at a time with known good memory that is
on Tyan's
Qualified Vendor List (QVL). If you could share the make and model of
all the
parts in the bad system along with the kernel version and distro
version this
would help to track down any known software O/S issues.

If you want to pursue this off the list you can email me directly.

Best,

Seth Bardash

Integrated Solutions and Systems
1510 Old North Gate Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80921

719-495-5866
719-495-5870 Fax
719-337-4779 Cell

http://www.integratedsolutions.org
seth at integratedsolutions.org

Failure can not cope with knowledge and perseverance!