[Beowulf] Your thoughts on use of NUMA-based systems in clusters?

Craig Tierney ctierney at hypermall.net
Thu Sep 21 08:20:39 PDT 2006

Clements, Brent M (SAIC) wrote:
> Out of my own curiosity, would those of you that have delt with
> current/next generation intel based NUMA systems give me your opinions
> on why/why not you would buy or use them as a cluster node.
>
> I'm looking for primarily technical opinions.

To which NUMA systems are you referring?  Are you talking about
SGI Altix systems?  Intel's NUMA-like solution for both ia64 and
x86-64, Common System Interface (CSI), to compete with hyper-transport
has been rumored to be delayed until 2009.

If anyone has seen CSI in the wild, I doubt they could mention it.

Wikipedia has a small blurb on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_System_Interface

Craig