[Beowulf] GPFS on Linux (x86)

Scott Atchley atchley at myri.com
Mon Sep 18 06:05:00 PDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 2:55 AM, Loic Tortay wrote:

> Oh, OK.
>
> I should have mentionned that I'm not familiar with Myrinet, and to me
> "build the GM driver" implied using GM.
>

> Loïc.

I thought you were right when I first pulled up the doc. ;-)

IBM is very diligent with testing. They perform extensive testing on
everything (hardware and software) before approving it for sale. They
then list all configurations that they have tested and approved. It
does not mean that something else may not work, but they have not
tested, approved, and will not sell it.

Thus, they have tested GPFS on gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gb/s Ethernet,
Ethernet over GM and MX, IPoIB, etc.

Scott