[Beowulf] GPFS on Linux (x86)

Brent Franks brentasterisk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 19:14:42 PDT 2006

Hello,

We have been researching GPFS from IBM and are very interested in what
looks like promising performance and scalability.

Does anyone use GPFS, we are looking at running it in a distributed
mode, rather than using one central SAN.

Additionally, the sales information seems to be rather elusive.  We
have contacted IBM, however the channels we contact have all been
somewhat dissapointing as we have had to educate the sales people on
what the product is.

We are very interested in setting up a trial of the software and then
purchasing if it meets our needs.  Does anyone have a contact at IBM
or solutions provider who is familiar with GPFS and could send out an
eval kit?  30 or 60 day time bomb would be fine, we just need to
justify to management that it will indeed work for our application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and kindest regards,

- Brent