[Beowulf] Question about root login(s)

Tim Moore twm at tcg-hsv.com
Wed Oct 18 12:10:05 PDT 2006

Hello All -

I just upgraded  the OS on my cluster and to satisfy security,
implemented ssh.  The old cluster used rsh and rlogin.  I developed some
nice scripts that allow me to do an emergency shutdown, reboot and other
misc node maintenance with the execution of one command.  SSH
configuration for a user is trivial because /home is distributed
throughout the cluster.  I would like to still use my scripts (with some
mods) to control the cluster but do not quite understand how to login as
root (without a password) throughout the compute nodes via ssh because
/root is present on each system.

Thanks!
Tim