[Beowulf] non-proprietary IPMI card?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at uoregon.edu
Sun Nov 26 14:02:47 PST 2006

not quite ipmi-like but the pci-weasel will do text-mode vga console to
serial and push the reset button...

http://www.realweasel.com/

as ipmi has matured though we reduced our reliance on weasels since they
are comparatively expensive and pci slots are scarce in smaller boxes
(it's been my experience that I don't need the environmental monitoring
when the box is wedged. of course impi can bring the machine back from
the dead (power it bck on) so there really is no replacement for some of
it's functionality.