[Beowulf] /etc/security/limits.conf and Torque jobs

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Wed May 17 15:17:43 PDT 2006

> So I submit a job, through Torque, and I simply execute a "ulimit -l"
> only to find that my limit is set to the original value, 32.  Using a

inherited from the process that started your process, probably.
try restarting relevant scheduler daemons - it matters when they
started up relative to your limits.conf changes.

incidentally what leads you to think you should be using memory locking?
it's generally a very bad idea, since, like running in RT scheduling
priorities, you're preventing the kernel's normal balancing...