[Beowulf] 512 nodes Myrinet cluster Challanges

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Fri May 5 09:47:25 PDT 2006

> IF the link aggregation algorithm sends data over the line which IS
> connected to the IPMI card, then you CAN talk to it.  IF the algorithm
> sends data over the line which is NOT connected to the IPMI card, then you
> can't talk with it.

so in the case where path = (srcmac ^ dstmac) % links, for only
two links, it seems like you could set up two IPMI-monitor-master
machines (with the right differences in their macs) and have
full connectivity.  in fact, the bonding would lead a node's BMC to
DHCP from the master that it could reach, so you could even assign them to
two separate subnets to stay sane...

hah.  sometimes I wonder whether clusters should use straight
eth-level addressing, rather than dealing with LACP/arp/etc oddities.