[Beowulf] running out of rsh ports

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed May 3 13:29:24 PDT 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Clements, Brent M (SAIC) wrote:

> I second pdsh

And there is nothing wrong with the "use ssh" solution either, for most
reasonably designed parallel applications that use a remote shell to
e.g. fork off remote copies of pvmd or an application that will run for
any time long compared to the 0.1 second or so associated with ssh
startup.

There are exceptions.  Discussions of same are in the list archives,
somewhere.

    rgb