[Beowulf] nodes reserved but not used?

Ru-Zhen Li r.li at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 03:54:49 PST 2006

Dear All,

I am having problem with reserved nodes not being used.

I used

/home/hep/lrz/mpich2-install/bin/mpiexec -machinefile shortlist -n 16 ./DLPOLY.Y

and when I used

qstat -u ** -n

the result is lrz

                                                            Req'd  Req'd   Elap
Job ID          Username Queue    Jobname    SessID NDS TSK Memory Time  S Time
381114.fe03.htc lrz      verylong fixed-carb    --   16  -- 8000mb 3200: R 00:00

but when I ssh to the nodes, and used

I found that some of the nodes are not being used. Does anybody have the same problem before? Am using MPICH2, could it be caused by MPICH?

Thanks a lot in advance!