[Beowulf] Multidimensional FFTs

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Mar 2 13:19:30 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Konstantin Kudin wrote:

> By the way, any idea why gigE on Opterons with Broadcom chokes so
> easily with different flavours of "alltoall" operation, such as if done

We have had all manner of problems with Broadcom NICs, usually performance
related, sometimes buggy tg3, sometimes other surprises.  At this point,
we typically recommend Intel based NICs whenever possible.  Even if this
means adding a card.  Your context switch/interrupt load rates will thank
you as your CPU is not pounded into the dirt (unlike the Broadcom NIC
based machines).