[Beowulf] Acceptable rad limits for cluster rooms?

Brian Oborn oborbria at athena.physics.isu.edu
Fri Jun 16 14:21:56 PDT 2006

The cluster for our Physics department is next to a room that, at the
time of installation, was an empty accelerator hall. However, a new
electron accelerator has been installed and the cluster room is now a
mild radiation area. Before we start considering shielding options, I
was wondering if anybody on this list could offer insight into
"acceptable" radiation limits for normal, rackmount cluster nodes with
ECC memory, and if there are energy threasholds in beta and gamma
radiation that might be significant.

Thanks for any input.

Brian Oborn