[Beowulf] Slection from processor choices; Requesting Giudence

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Sat Jun 17 00:13:02 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 02:36:22AM +0100, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> Several persons replied and not a SINGLE ONE of them talks about
> one way pingpong latency, which is one of the most important features
> of a highend network for *many* applications.

Actually several of them did mention it, but I guess you (and they)
haven't seen my talk where I show some real applications where the
rate that you can send small messages is the dominant predictor of
performance. e.g. InfiniPath is 2X lower ping-pong latency, but can
get much better than 2X the performance on real applications, if
they're streaming small messages.

-- greg