[Beowulf] MS HPC... Oh dear...

Daniel Pasco dan at brainmurmurs.com
Mon Jun 12 10:26:08 PDT 2006

I and several of my employees were present for Bill's keynote at
SC05.  Afterwards one of our boys referred to it as "Microsoft
Cluster F**K 2003"

'nuf said.

I suspect that this is going to be a typical Microsoft venture:  80%
of what you want to do is trivial using their product.  20% of what
you *need* to do will be impossible with their product, and there
will be no way to extend or override their offering to get the
functionality you require.

Nonetheless, I suspect that I will be doing a project for some
customer based on this technology at some point in the future.  Sigh.

My two cents.
- -Dan

Daniel Pasco
Chief Engineer and Executive Vice President
Brain Murmurs, Incorporated
JIVA - Guerrilla Grid Computing
http://brainmurmurs.com/products/jiva.php