[Beowulf] MS HPC... Oh dear...

SIM DOG steve_heaton at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 11 18:20:04 PDT 2006

G'day all

Sorry if this turns out to be a dupe post but MS has just released their
HPC clustering kit.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/ccs/overview.mspx

While I've tried to approach this with an open mind... it didn't last
long. I'll refer anyone to ClusterMonkey's article about why Linux is a
better platform for clustering.

Maybe the equiv MS site should be called ClusterMoney? =)

Whatever you do, don't read this article as the level of marketing-speak
and Ra Ra may well impede synapses firing... Cue the quote from every
CSI episode: "You just don't get it do you?!"

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=188703348&subSection=All+Stories

Go Da Bird!

Stevo