[Beowulf] Blue Collar Computing

Douglas Eadline deadline at clustermonkey.net
Tue Jan 31 10:12:29 PST 2006

While we are talking about the "big issues", I would like
to invite those who have not read it before, to read Stan Ahalt and
Kathryn Kelly's article on Blue Collar Computing. It quite an interesting
take on HPC in industry. You find it on the font page:

  http://www.clustermonkey.net

Or go directly to the story,

  http://www.clustermonkey.net//content/view/99/33/

It brings up some important points, some of which hit on the educational
issues mentioned already.

There is is also plenty of other interesting things to check out on the
Monkey as well:

 A continuing MPI tutorial by Jeff Squyres
 A Benchmark for Parallel File Systems by Jeff Layton
 and more...

--
Doug