[Beowulf] Naming Convention Survey

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:50:59 PST 2006

1) /home

Globally available, backed up, quotas imposed, moderate bandwidth
(~400MB/s) and good meta data performance, accounted for based on user

2) /short

Globally available, not backed up, soft quotas allow us to disable
access to the queue - no hard quotas, high bandwidth (>2GB/s), short
lived files (if a file isn't access for 3 weeks, we delete it),
accounted for based on project

3) /jobfs

Locally attached, managed (user allocated space created at the start
of their job and cleaned up at the end of their job), not backed up,
moderate-high bandwidth (400MB/s-800MB/s) but extremely high meta
data performance, accounted for based on job

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at gmail.com