[Beowulf] Physics Problems for Beowulf

Timo Mechler mechti01 at luther.edu
Sat Feb 18 15:31:54 PST 2006

Hello all,

Over the past couple years I have done research one Beowulf clusters and
also implemented the first one at my school.  Now that I'm getting closer
to graduating, I'm looking of turning all this work into a senior project.
 The only part that's missing though, is a good physics problem that I
could code up a numerical solution for and run in parallel.  I have done
some of this, but it's mostly been simple stuff, such as a simple
numerical integration via the Monte Carlo method in parallel.  I know some
of you on this list are professors and professionals that have extensive
physics knowledge.  What sorts of physics problems would you suggest I
might be able to code up that would take a some time run on a Beowulf
cluster?  I'm going to be using Fortran 77 with MPI libraries as my base
for coding.  Thanks in advance for your help on this, I appreciate it.

Best Regards,

-Timo Mechler

--
Timo R. Mechler