[Beowulf] Memory latency (was woodcrest)

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Fri Aug 18 00:58:53 PDT 2006

Bill Broadley wrote:

>For those interested in latency.
>
>I wrote a pthread based latency tester that will access N integers
>randomly per thread.  Each member of the array is accessed once.
>All the numbers below are for N=1,000,000 integers.  Every integer is
>loaded exactly once, randomly.

[...]

This tests are interesting but they may depends on the hardware and the
OS your are using.
Is it possible to describe
1- the different kind of hardware your are using ?
2- the OS you use on each plateform ?
3- the compile option you use to the different compilers ?

Giving an access to the source code and even better making it GPL could
helps other to compare their host with your results or just had some other.
Is it possible to GPLized your code ?