[Beowulf] what is the "best" file system

Tue Aug 1 14:42:20 PDT 2006

Hi, all:

  We are going to build new cluster and we are thinking about various solutions
for file I/O. We have lots embarrassed parallel applications that read huge data
(giga byte) only in the beginning and write only at the end concurrently, and
each node run job independently. What is the best file storage system for case
like this?--- I really would like to listen to some experts..if there are some
warm-hearted guru.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Landman [mailto:landman at scalableinformatics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:24 PM
To: Xu, Jerry
Cc: beowulf at beowulf.org
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] scheduler and perl

Hi Jerry:

   Its generally a good idea to talk to your users, understand what it
is they are doing, and see if you can help them, rather than simply
"banning" things.  The result of bans of deeply embedded practices
usually results in some ... exciting ... meetings, emails, and telephone

   That said, we use, and our products quite a bit of Perl to submit
jobs, and it works fine.  If you are running into particular issues, why
not discuss them here, and likely you will get lots of good answers back.