[Beowulf] how can I calculate peak performance of a cluster

Kozin, I (Igor) i.kozin at dl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 08:41:36 PDT 2005

> I want to calculate peak performance of cluster which  HP HPC Cluster
> consist of different numbers of INTEL Xeon 3.4GHz EM64T ,
> INTEL Xeon DP
> 3.2GHz EM64T ,INTEL MP XEON 3.16GHz EM64T processors. I think
> it is easy,
> but I couldn't find.many
>
> many thanks for help

Hi,
When _calculating_ peak performance on Xeon it is usually assumed
that two Flops can be performed during one clock step
e.g. http://www.top500.org/sublist/System.php?id=7293
(although in practise it is rarely the case).

The easiest way _measure_ peak performance on the Intel platform is probably to check
http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/perflib/clustermkl/219821.htm
which will make you going.

Best,

I. Kozin  (i.kozin at dl.ac.uk)