[Beowulf] gethostbyname?

Ryan Sweet rsweet at aoes.nl
Tue Sep 20 09:53:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Henderson, T Todd @ IS wrote:

> Hello all!
>

> I've set up a new cluster using FC 4 and am trying to get an app to run, it
> is mpich based.  However, when I try to run it I get:
>

> p0_13866:  p4_error: Could not gethostbyname for host aerowulf2; may be
> invalid name
>
> : 61

It will be difficult to give you a full answer without more details, but at
least try this:

Check your default search domain (resolve.conf) and your nsswitch.conf.

Are you using DNS or hosts?  If hosts, make sure you list the fqdn first, the
short name second.

regards,
-ryan

--
Ryan Sweet             <ryan.sweet at aoes.com>
Advanced Operations and Engineering Services