[Beowulf] Best cluster management software

Nick I clusterbuilder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:25:08 PST 2005

Hi,
At www.clusterbuilder.org/FAQ <http://www.clusterbuilder.org/FAQ> there is a
question about what OS and cluster management software are the best for a
cluster system. Does anyone have any advice the best OS and cluster
management software for this type of setup? I am trying to build a
knowledgebase of different opinions on software.

Here is the question:

"I'm bulding a project for a cluster that consists on 64 machines running
each 2x Dual Core AMD Opteron with 2GB of memory per core (8GB per machine).
We already have everything else accounted for except for the software. We
have serious doubts on what would be best for the OS and the cluster
management software. The OS has to be open source. Please give me some
advice on what you think you be the best performance solution for it. It
doesn''t matter if it's not free. "

Thanks,
Nick