[Beowulf] [owner-chemistry at ccl.net: CCL:G: Linda with Fedora]

Vladimir Mitic dmc at linux.tron-inter.net
Thu Nov 10 08:51:37 PST 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote:

>-
>Sent to CCL by: john furr [john.furr[]gmail.com]
>Both OS's will cluster quite easily.  However mixing them may give you
>some issues.  In Fedora Core 4 the default version of gcc is 4.0.0.
>However in Fedora Core 3 it is gcc-3.4.2 (I think).  The two are NOT
>binary compatible regardless of what some people say.

i was having similar problem with using distcc and compiling programs
mixing various distributions. Problem is mixing gcc 2 and 3 and of
course 3 i 4. Solution for me was quite simple, all i have to do is
compile gcc-3.2.2 on FC4 (which other non FC4 nodes use) and then Fedora
Core 4 nodes were happy to cooperate in distcc. I havent had any glibc
issues from compiling to this time and every compile went perfectly, so
maybe he should try this too.

--
|_  _Vladimir Mitic _ _ ____/ Linux admin of Tron_Networks:www.tron-inter.net |
|-------------------------//-mailto:dmc at linux.tron-inter.net deadlymc at gmailcom|