[Beowulf] 3d rendering cluster

Paul K Egell-Johnsen paul.k.egell.johnsen at gmail.com
Tue May 24 04:55:12 PDT 2005

> Dual cores are of course de rigeur at the moment, dahlings :-)
> We are getting good results with them.
>
> I would be interested to see some real-world findings with 3D rendering
> on dual core boxes. It would be worth doing some research, and getting
> some benchmarking time before making a commitment. If you do make any
> comparisons, please come back and tell us.

As per suggestion I've turned this question over to the software
vendor, they aren't into selling boxes, therefore I believe any
numbers they can serve up would be of interest.

I also asked them for numbers on what L2 cache might do for the
rendering speed, as well as memory size and disk cache speeds. These
would of course have different impact on different sizes of
renderings, scene geometry, textures and passes the rendering engine
needs to do on each pixel.

I'm also turning to the specialized video mailing list and some 3d
mailing lists.

Best regards,
Paul