[Beowulf] 4+ cpu benchmark machines wanted

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:09:55 PDT 2005

We are using cpusets and memsets to lock our jobs down to a
particular cpu and the associated numa node memory (we have an Altix
3700Bx2 running it beowulf style).  We start up MPI jobs and lock
each process down so that they can't use memory from another numa-
node.  This is particularly effective as it locks down their page
cache as well (so their IO doesn't effect the memory bandwidth of
other jobs).  Unfortunately, those pesky pdflush threads get spawned
dynamically, so they end up all over the machine.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at gmail.com