[Beowulf] First 96-Node Transmeta Desktop Cluster Ships

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Thu May 12 16:03:38 PDT 2005

Karl Bellve wrote:

> Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
>

>> I find their pricing a tad expensive given the current big recession
>> Europe
>> and USA are in,
>>
> offtopic..
>
> You do know this statement is false for the USA. I don't know if it is
> true for Europe or not.
>
> We had 3 quarters of official recession several years ago but we are
> not in a "big recession" now.

You know the statement is false *within the USA*. Outside perception of
course is different with
the dollar value falling, the government announcing a new record
deficit, house-market bubble at the
west-coast, it might look like a recession to anyone outside. On the
inside though, everybody
is still cheerfully buying on credit.

But yes, off-topic, and I think the 96 cpu cluster in a box is a great
idea too.

Michael

--
Michael Will