[Beowulf] CCL:Opteron or Nocona ? (fwd from m.somers at chem.leidenuniv.nl)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 9 14:11:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

Quoting Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>:

> ----- Forwarded message from mark somers <m.somers at chem.leidenuniv.nl>
> -----
<snip>
> BTW, maybe this is known to you already, but Intel offers you their OpenMP
> capable compilers for free for academic use.

I understand the license terms of Intel a little bit different: a student may
use the compilers for his/her homework for free and also OpenSource
programmers. But as soon as the person using the compiler or the compiled
binary get any payment for their work, you have to buy (an academic) license.

Maybe the license terms changed again, but can please anyone clarify.

TIA - Reuti