[Beowulf] Re: Beowulf Digest, Vol 15, Issue 19

Rodney Mach rwm at absoft.com
Mon May 9 13:23:36 PDT 2005

> BTW, maybe this is known to you already, but Intel offers you their OpenMP
> capable compilers for free for academic use.

Intel compilers are only free for "non-commercial" use, which is
different than "free for academic use".

Q. I am engaged in academic research. Can I use the non-commercial product?
A. If you, as an individual, are receiving any form of compensation for
the research project (i.e., you receive a salary, or funding, etc.), you
do not qualify for a non-commercial use license.

See this URL for the Intel definition and examples of non-commercial to
see if you qualify:
   http://www.intel.com/software/products/noncom/faq.htm

You can find academic pricing here:
    http://www.intel.com/software/products/global/academic.htm