[Beowulf] quick and dirty method for starting job on another node?

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 3 10:03:06 PDT 2005

At 09:12 AM 5/3/2005, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>On Tue, 3 May 2005, Jim Lux wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a quick and dirty way for a process on node N to start a
> > process on Node M, without having MPI, etc. running.  Needs to be a single
> > line for use in, e.g. a script. SSH is available on the target nodes, but
> > not a whole lot else. The nodes are using "busybox" for all the shell kinds
> > of things.
> >
> > Performance isn't critical.
>
>You mean other than
>
>   ssh -x targetnode /pathto/taskname args...
>
>???

The SSH scheme I had tried, but I am also looking for other "clever" ideas,
potentially with a smaller footprint. (Tiny, feeble, diskless nodes)

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075