Myrinet setup (was: RE: [Beowulf])

William Burke wburke999 at msn.com
Sun Mar 27 07:00:56 PST 2005

Hi Reuti,

Quoting Reuti [reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de]:

<snip>
> First one additional question (before I route you in the wrong direction):

> is it necessary for you to have a shared $TMPDIR for SGE? ...More common
> and faster is to use the local /tmp on the nodes for this

Actually there is no reason that I should have a shared $TMPDIR for SGE,
except that I read some where (I am not sure where)that it was recommended
to share the $TMPDIR. However I just seached the SGE and N1GE docs I found
no evidence supporting that notion and now thinking about it setting $TMPDIR
to local /tmp would simplfy things. Thxs

Regards,
William