[Beowulf] DCC (debian cluster components)

Andrew Shewmaker agshew at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 07:51:06 PST 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:33:18 +0000, John Hearns
<john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 11:33 -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > Dear Debianized beowulfers or beowulfiezed Debian users,
> >
> > Does any one has experience with
> > http://www.irb.hr/en/cir/projects/dcc/
> > which recently was released?
> >
> > Project Goals
> >
> > We expect to integrate some existing technologies (like LDAP, System
> > Installation Suite,
>
> Seems strange that they haven't chosen FAI (Fully Automated Installer).
> As an aside, there was a poster about FAI up outside the cluster
> developer's room at FOSDEM last weekend.

If you think it is strange that they appear to have chosen System Installation
Suite over FAI because you are thinking that SIS is focused on RPM distros
(I was under that impression at one time), then you should know that SIS is
primarily developed on Debian.

--
Andrew Shewmaker