[Beowulf] WRF model on linux cluster: Mpi problem

John Van Workum jdvw at tticluster.com
Thu Jun 30 12:57:53 PDT 2005

Federico,

It could be simply a problem with the data set your are trying to process and
not the cluster. WRF is a fairly well supported and written application. If
you run faster on a single CPU, then  I suspect that particular data set is
not "easily" parallizable to run on 16. You may want to try other test cases,
one that you know will run well with 16 CPUs. Once you find it, I bet it will
crawl on 1 or 2 CPUs.

John Van Workum
TTI