[Beowulf] passwordless rsh/ssh

Pfenniger Daniel daniel.pfenniger at obs.unige.ch
Sat Jun 25 08:06:11 PDT 2005

David Mathog a écrit :

>How about a positive control.  Do any of you have access to
>a Mandrake 10.0 (or other similar linux release that
>obtains in.rshd from a package "rsh-server-0.17-13")?
>Does rsh -l work there?

Hi,

I find a bit "windowsian" practice to change the full distro because one
doesn't have a clue how to solve a specific problem.
Since the problem is localized I would instead try to find whether a newer
version of the specific package has not been released.  Chances are that
the problem has been fixed.

I have two computers with Mandrake 10.1 for which rsh -l works fine.
The latest version there is rsh-server-0.17-13.1.101mdk  so you might
try to install it.

Cheers, Dan