[Beowulf] mutex (remote memory access) question for MPI-2

Plinius Frobenius plinius at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 10:49:02 PDT 2005

Hi,
I've red through the chapter in "Using MPI-2" about mutexes.
Suppose that you know in advance that only one cumputer (say node y) can
access the memory-window on node x (except node x itself).
How should your mutex-code look like (you still need a mutex, since both x
and y can access the memory)? (since you won't need the entire
"tree-mutex-code" provided by Rajeev Thakur, I guess, since there are only
two processes able to acces the memory...). I haven't enough experience yet
to find this one by myself, and really need it for the program I'm working
on.

Thanks for any ideas/hints/help...