[Beowulf] uninstalling MPICH2 woes :S

Brian R Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Fri Jul 29 14:22:10 PDT 2005

Kevin,

Do you still have the original source unpacked where you built that
install?  Chances are, you could simply do 'make uninstall'.

Also, you could rebuild mpich2 the same way as you did before

make
make install
make uninstall

and it should, in theory, overwrite all the older files and the 'make
uninstall' should get rid of it for you.

This seems rather 'clumsy' but it is the only way I can think of to
fully uninstall it.

-Brian