[Beowulf] Help with MPICH programming

Mark Westwood mark.westwood at ohmsurveys.com
Thu Jul 28 07:58:02 PDT 2005

Kevin

the MPICH home page is at: http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/ and
will lead you to most of what you need to know about MPI and MPICH.  You
should browse the documentation looking for MPI_COMM_CREATE or
MPI_COMM_SPLIT.  These probably give you the facility you want.  You
could also investigate MPI GROUPs.

Regards

Mark

PS not me

Cheng, Kevin wrote:
> I've been looking and looking on the internet for documentation on
> programming in MPI but couldn't find any.
>
> What am needing to know is how to change the communication group for
> MPICH-1.2.1. Basically so that when the master process 0 broadcasts a
> message it will only be heard by the processes
> in a specific communication group.
>
> Many thanks
> Kev
>
> PS: Did anyone find out how to dynamically create/destroy MPI processes
> on-the-fly / in-real-time for MPICH-2?

Mark Westwood
Parallel Programmer
OHM Ltd
The Technology Centre
Offshore Technology Park
Claymore Drive
Aberdeen
AB23 8GD
United Kingdom

+44 (0)870 429 6586
www.ohmsurveys.com

This message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
person to whom it is addressed. The message, any attachments and
response string may contain privileged and confidential information. If
immediately and remove it from your system. Thank you.