[Beowulf] Writing MPICH2 programs

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jan 20 11:19:32 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Tom Crick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any resources for writing MPICH2 programs? I've found the MPICH2
> User's Guide (Argonne National Laboratory), but haven't been able to find any
> decent material detailing the approaches and methods to writing programs for
> MPICH2.

Magazine columns -- both linux world and cluster world magazines -- have
columns where they regularly/often guide you in the construction of MPI
programs of all sorts.  Some of these are archived online for free --
google might help you there.

The other thing to look for is books.  MIT press, in particular, has a
fairly nice set of books on using MPI.  I don't know if they are MPICH2
specific, though.  I also don't know if it matters -- one would expect
MPI to be MPI, for the most part, possibly augmented or updated, but
with the same basic core and approach to programming.

   rgb