[Beowulf] the solution for qdel fail.....

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jan 17 04:54:13 PST 2005

You may have a look at another queuingsystem: GridEngine from SUN, which
offers better choices of the control of tasks on the slave nodes. It's
no problem to shutdown just one of two jobs of the same user on a node.
It will just kill the whole process group of one of the tasks, as they
are started by a special implementation of rshd/sshd private to each
task. This works for MPICH and also MPICH2 (forker and smpd startup
method). - Reuti