[Beowulf] grid

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Jan 3 10:19:48 PST 2005

In message from "Rajiv" <jrajiv at hclinsys.com> (Mon, 3 Jan 2005
17:21:41 +0530):
>Dear All,
>    1. I would like to implement grid computing in Linux. Any
>suggestions on what opensource package to use.
>    2. Is there any free grid projects in Windows

1) There is not only one "kind" of GRID, for example computational
(for example, distribution of batch jobs between batch job systems
or "data" grid for data-intensive tasks)
Example of relative universal opensource solution - Globus
One example of solution for batch queues is Sun Grid Engine (see on

2) Pls take into account, that it's not the mail list which is
responsible for GRID itself.

3) And what is about Windows, I'm not sure that using this OS
corresponds to beowulf idea itself, so pls look on sites cited above.

Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry