[Beowulf] RE: A thread-safe PRNG for an OpenMP program

Gabb, Henry henry.gabb at intel.com
Fri Feb 11 07:04:31 PST 2005

Hi Joe,
The Intel Math Kernel Library (specifically the Vector Statistical
Library within MKL) contains threadsafe random number functions. The
following web site has a full description:
http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl/features/vsl.htm. There's an
article "Making the Monte Carlo Approach Even Easier and Faster" on
Intel Developer Services that describes how to use VSL functions with
OpenMP. It's available here:

Best regards,

Henry Gabb
Intel Parallel Applications Center