[Beowulf] Re: What vendors would you be sure to check out?

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Fri Dec 30 13:45:34 PST 2005

Note that the votes for Penguin where not from me since
I work there and therefore chose not to vote ;-)

In regards to IPMI 2.0 - that is mostly encryption stuff
and the serial over lan feature.

Does supermicro have the encryption stuff or is it like with
our implementation that you basically have IPMI 1.5 plus that
one 2.0 feature serial-over-lan but without any of the actual
2.0 encryption framework?

remote power up and down is IPMI 1.5.

Michael