[Beowulf] Matlab Distributed Computing Toolbox 2.0 and PBS ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 22 22:12:31 PST 2005

Hi folks,

We're trying to help a group who've purchased the latest Matlab and the new
Distributed Computing Toolbox (2.0) which has added support for "Generic
Schedulers" to their existing support for LSF and the Matlab Job Scheduler.

However, it appears that "support for Generic Schedulers" translates to "we've
provided a framework, you just need to write the code".  Now I agree that's
miles better than no way of doing this at all, just that for someone who's
never touched Matlab before in their life it's a little daunting.

So, I was wondering if anyone out there had done the hard yards already and
written the Matlab scripts necessary to submit jobs into PBS ?

If so I'd be most grapefruit!

Have a happy seasonal festival all, it's about 36C here today.. :-)

cheers,
Chris