[Beowulf] What vendors would you be sure to check out?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 18:33:19 PST 2005

Overall, we've been real happy with our Appro cluster.  I'd look at them.
If you're not necessarily going towar Myrinet or Infiniband (and Appro
supports infiniband....) and are thinking GigE, I like Foundry EdgeIron
switches.  They are not as cheap as HP but their stats and our experience
say they're non- blocking and just work..

Gerry

On 12/20/05, Dan Stromberg <strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu> wrote:

> If you were shopping for about 25 nodes for MPI and OpenMP, each one
> dual core and dual processor, each one 64 bit x86 to run linux, with
> remote administration including system reset and bios tweaking, what
> vendors would you make sure not to neglect checking into?
>
> Please reply off list, and I'll summarize.
>
> Thanks!

Gerry Creager N5JXS
Texas A&M University AATLT
SCOOP/Texas Mesonet