[Beowulf] Beginner advice

Sam Odio - OdioWorks, LLC sam at odioworks.com
Wed Dec 7 12:43:14 PST 2005

First of all, I would like to than beowulf.org for hosting this
mailing list - it's a great resource.

I am looking to build a budget beowulf machine using commodity
hardware.  I expect it to use a Linux OS such as Debian or Gentoo.  I
have never built a clustered computer before... and was hoping to get
some hardware / software advice.

I don't have a purpose for the machine yet - I am really just doing
it to get some clustered computing experience.  Therefore I'm just
looking to build a solid general-purpose clustered machine.

These are the specs I have come up with so far, all suggestions welcome:
http://www.bluwiki.org/go/My_Computers#Unamed_Beowulf_clustered_server

Thanks for your help,

-Sam
Sam Odio, Owner