[Beowulf] NFS shared file system

Ted Sariyski tsariysk at craft-tech.com
Mon Dec 5 08:37:05 PST 2005

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your comments. We combined clusters into a single one in
anticipation of jobs running on more than ~60 cpu and in a hope to get
better utilization of the existing resources. While in 3x30 state the
typical CPU load was ~1-5% and CFD IO was ~700-1000 req/s. It required a
lot of nfs tuning but once tuned it worked fine. Now I am trying to find
out what is the cheapest solution for  90-node cluster. One solution in
20k-30k range we have been offered is a 3 TB fiber channel  nSTORE SAN
with Montilio's RapidFile I/O engine.  Does anybody have experience with
it? Lustre, GPFS, HP's SFS, Panasys, etc. will be our next  longterm step.

Thanks, Ted