[Beowulf] RE: portable clusters

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Dec 1 06:53:58 PST 2005

Why not flip this around.  Run linux everywhere, including the laptop.
Run vmware for windows, put the windows portion in its own VM.  Solves
most of the problems, unless you have dedicated hardware access
(specific hardware drivers that must go through windows, and will not
work with linux/vmware).  Then you could do the warewulf on the tiny
computer units, though you will want enough ram.  Wouldn't need to load
OSes, so you wouldn't need per node disks.  Just the laptop.

Would this work?