[Beowulf] 90nm opteron power usage

Nate Faerber nfaerber at penguincomputing.com
Mon Aug 8 12:04:10 PDT 2005

Bill,

You might want want to try CPUBurn to max out the CPUs.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/redelm/

I suggest you limit your runs to a couple of minutes at most to start.
Make sure your room is adequately cooled before doing this.  If you have
IPMI or lm_sensors available, you might want to query the temperatures
toward the end of your runs to see how hot things are getting.

./burnK7 & ./burnK7 & sleep 90s; kill %1 %2

Be careful.

-nate

--
Nate Faerber, Senior Engineer - Clusters
Tel: 415-954-2866   Fax: 415-954-2899   Toll Free: 888-PENGUIN