[Beowulf] pvm freezes

Eduardo Nobuhiro Asada asada at dsee.fee.unicamp.br
Mon Aug 1 16:11:29 PDT 2005

Hi Reuti,
Indeed, its a strange behavior. It happens with the nntime program. This
program sends packages with larger sizes to test the communication speed.
In the first run it is
fast, however if it is executed again rapidly, it freezes, then I give
ctrl-c. I think it is
related to the initialization of the network card, or to the pvm daemon.
If I wait a while for another run, it works fine. Do you have any
idea about it? I haven't restarted the daemon.

Eduardo